Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are all having a day of family, friends or even a frozen turkey dinner while watching some football. Today is a day to reflect on what we are thankful for. Im not going to do an entire blog on what I am thankful for because I really don’t think anyone would read it. Instead I am going to tell you about my handy Crock Pot Mashed Taters recipe that I LOVE! I mean really, who can get enough mashed potatoes on Thanks Giving.
- Lots of potatoes skinned and chopped into 1 inch pieces.
- 1 to 2 cans of chicken broth
- 1 stick of salted butter, margarine is ok
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1 to 2 cups of milk
- Depending on what size crock pot you have ( Mine is HUGE ) I put about half a bag of chopped and peeled potatoes in it. If you have a regular size or small crock pot then just cut the measurements in half. You can even skip the Peeling step if you like homestyle potatoes.
- Add in the 1 to 2 cups of chicken broth
- Add in the 1 stick of butter. (in chunks)
- Let cook for 4 to 4 1/2 hours on high, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Dump all the potatoes out into a bowl and mix in everything else except the milk.
- Smash, mash, blend, beat (however you like your potatoes) until everything is mixed evenly.
- Slowly add in the milk until you have reached the desired consistency.
And there you have it. Thats how we make our mashed potatoes here in the Paz home. Its great because you can just let it sit while you are working on everything else.
Oh, and if I posted this too late and you are already munching on your own yummy potatoes, don’t fret. You can always do this for Christmas or any other holiday… er… day of the week you like!
Whats your favorite Holiday Recipe?